Terms & Conditions
The online event registrations are run by the Southern Wood Council Inc. The Southern Wood Council is a New Zealand Incorporated Society (GST 85 436 186). Our registered office is Distinction Dunedin Hotel, 6 Liverpool Street, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand. For the purpose of these Terms & Conditions, the Event Organiser is "Southern Wood Council Inc" and the Events are "Otago-Southland Forest Products Industry Dinner Meetings".
- The event organiser will work diligently to ensure that all instructions provided by the local Government and Health Authorities, relating to travel and the running of events because of COVID-19 are strictly adhered to.
- It is the responsibility of attendees to check on all updated health and Government guidelines for any specific entry requirements.
- If for any reason the venue is unable to be used because of COVID-19 restrictions that have been imposed by the Government, the event organiser may need to either reschedule the event. Your registration will automatically transfer to the new dates and/or format. In this situation, no refunds will be given. If the Event is not moved online or able to be rescheduled within 12 months of the original date, you will be entitled to a credit or a full refund.
- To confirm attendance, full payment is required prior to the event. Payment is required at the time of registration.
- All delegate registrations will be invoiced in New Zealand currency. All prices exclude GST (15%).
- A credit card fee of 2.7% will also apply to credit card transactions.
- The name that will appear on your statement will be that of the event organiser, listed above. Registrations from this website are purchased from the event organiser.
- The event organiser uses a secured form and Stripe payment system to facilitate purchases for the event. All transactions are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology, the industry-standard in e-commerce transaction security. Encryption scrambles the payment information transmitted across the Internet, including your credit card number. SSL also verifies the identity of the server and confirms that the original message arrives safely at its destination.
- For dinner meetings, once an order has been submitted, it is not refundable but is transferable.
- If you wish to transfer your registration to another individual from within your company, please provide us with at least 24 hours advance notice.
Supply of Goods and Services
- After event registration, the client will receive an email confirming we have received their order. If an email is not received within one hour, please contact our office to resolve any possible issues.
- A receipt/invoice will be issued once payment and registration details are verified by our staff – this will normally be within two working days.
- The event organiser reserves the right to amend any part of the event programme if necessary, at any time.
- The event organiser does not accept liability for damages of any nature sustained by delegates or accompanying persons, or loss of, or damage to their personal property as a result of the event or related events.
- The event organiser is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of substitution, alteration or cancellation or postponement of this event.
- In the unlikely event of cancellation or postponement of the event due to circumstances beyond the event organiser’s reasonable control, including but not limited to, pandemic, industrial disruption, acts of terrorism, war, and natural disaster, the event organiser cannot be held responsible for any cost, damage or expense which may be incurred by sponsors, exhibitors or attendees as a consequence of the event being postponed or cancelled.
- If there is a change in the location or venue for the meeting, due to any unavoidable circumstances, all the registered attendees and sponsors will be contacted immediately regarding the change. The event organiser cannot be held responsible for any cost, damage or expense which may be incurred by sponsors, exhibitors or attendees as a consequence of the event having to be relocated.
- The event organiser is committed to maintaining privacy and the responsible use of information supplied to us through event registrations, website forms and other forms of data capture. In supplying your details to the event organiser, you acknowledge that these details will enable us to:
- register your attendance at the event;
- assist with administrative and planning purposes;
- plan and develop the event and other events in the future;
- facilitate your requirements in relation to the event; and
- allow the compilation and analysis of statistics relevant to the event.
- The information that you provide in the registration form and information provided at any other time during the event, including without limitation any feedback obtained during the event, will be used by the event organiser to offer, provide and continue to improve its conferences and services. Attendees are advised that photographs, audio and videos may be taken during the event and reproduced for promotional purposes, on any platform, by the event organiser.